Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our July

Okay, so I have discovered that summer is not my best time to blog. Too many things to report on, gone lots, and when I'm home, never get to be on computer. So there. I do have excuses. Thank goodness for my camera, which helps me remember the fun things we are doing- (at least the ones I took it along on)




Greg and Christy invited us to Black Creek Resevoir with a bunch of their friends. It was good cousin-time, and I SO want to get me one of these pyramids for Lake Powell!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is our newest fun backyard addition. It took me like 6 months to find a good one on Craigslist! We like it lots and I hope no one breaks a bone before we get it in the ground. (I am talking to YOU boys!)


Check out my super-cool action pics!!!!!!!


I'm sure this one deserves its own post, but since I am condensing I am squishing it in here. So, Jeff informed me he would like to try a triathlon sometime, and me being the supportive wife I am say 'Good for you hunny' and then forgot all about it until later that day when he came and said he had found one he could do here in Boise. I said great until I realized it was less than a week away- then I got a little nervous. He has been running and biking this summer, but aren't you supposed to train for these things????

Apparently this is the best picture I am capable of taking since most of the others ended up being of his back. I am sure it is just because he was going so fast and has nothing to do with my skills as a photographer.


So once again Jeff has proven that he can make something amazing and challenging look somewhat easy. He did awesome, and didn't even get sore! He ended up taking first in the Clydesdale Division and got a shnazzy blue ribbon and a gift certificate. Wow. Way to go hunny. This is his bud R.B. Erickson who's in our ward. Lets see if I can get my facts correct- It was a 1 mile swim, then a 26 mile bike (that's the one I'm not positive on) and then a 10 K run. Seems pretty grueling to me. He said the worst was the swim. He was pretty dizzy when he got out. But then again, I guess next time he could practice it a little first :)

The funnest part about the weekend was getting to see my Anna! It has been so long and I had so much fun having her come. The circumstances weren't the best- her little sister's house burned down (who lives not far from me), so Anna was bringing up some needed help and support. Aside from that detail, it was awesome!
It is so neat for me to look at my friends who I knew when we were younger, and see them now as mothers. Anna is such a sweet friend and I loved seeing how much she adores her children. I loved just watching her interact with them.


Look at this guy. Can you blame her??? Her kiddos came along and they match up really well with ours, so they had fun. Anna is a triathlon die-hard. She does like six a year or something crazy like that. It was perfect having her here the weekend of Jeff's race. She went with me and coached me on how to be the supportive spouse- and was also able to give Jeff plenty of pointers- which I know he appreciated.


I had some fun pictures of our river trip on the 4th of July. Jeff's sister Suzy and her family are in the process of moving up here, and they came along making it extra fun for the kids (and us!)

FYI--This was actually a cool swan dive- NOT a belly flop.





We are so excited to have more family close by!


We did fireworks that night at a friends place. We do it every year and it is always quite the show and a good time to catch up with friends we haven't seen in awhile. It ended on a sad note when a huge firework that should have been WAY up high exploded in the street. Zack got a pretty bad burn on his thigh, and it was quite the ordeal for about 3 weeks following. It hurt him alot! :( I am still having guilt over letting the kids sit so close to the street. I kept thinking I should move them back, and now I know why. No worries now though, the wound is healed leaving a very cool scar which he can brag about for years.


So there are a few of the things we've been up to--- a few others; Kobe, Zack, and Brooklyn just finished swim lessons, the kids earned and redeemed a trip into the Water Park, and we have done alot together as a family this summer as well as with friends.
Another big change for us was in getting new callings. I am now Kobe's Sunday School teacher, and Jeff was put in as Scout Master. He is adjusting very well- he already went to scout camp at Camp Morrison, and was the biggest kid there. I, for one, am now REALLY enjoying having him home on Sunday mornings! And for the record, we have been on time every sunday since. It's been a very eventful summer, and that is making it go by quickly. Time is flying since we are having fun!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Your July about sounds like mine. Go, go, go! It was good seein your fam at the reunion, sorry you had to cut it short. Hope your fam is feeling better~

Unknown said...

Trampoline! Great investment! Your kdis will love it. I like the action pic of the belly flop... I mean swan dive!

Tammy said...

I love you guys and miss you all so much!!!