Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The 'Big Girl' turns 3!

Summer seems to have such a fast pace that Payter's birthday always sneaks up on me. She is now a whole 3 years old. What a busy girl. But hey, when you are #5, you need to be to keep up with those older bros and sisters.
Before 18 mo., Payter hit the terrible 2's and had us all a little worried that she might not pull out of them- except for her daddy who was wrapped around her little finger. He had faith in her all along. Long about Christmas time, she must have eaten a lot of sugar, because she sweetened up and has been a barrell of fun ever since. OOOOHHHH yes, never a dull moment.
Don't let the picture fool you, Payter was the sweetest baby ever. She was a breath of fresh air after a hard pregnancy. She was Lexie's baby from the start- she thought we brought her the best doll EVER! I would think Payton was sleeping in her swing and find it empty. I would immediately head to Lexie's room where I would find her dressed up in doll clothes, laying in Lexie's bed with the covers pulled up to her chin.

No one tells this girl what to do. She will tell you what to do- but she now does it cheerfully.
Here are a few of the things I love about you Payton!
  • Your dimples!!!!!!
  • You are fiercely loyal
  • You potty trained yourself
  • The way you call cows 'Moo Moos'
  • Your beautiful hair
  • When you sing the Barbie song (Buh-weeeeeve!!!!)
  • I love your sweet prayers you come up with on your very own
  • When you wear your 'wimsuit' all day and want to go 'wimming'

So lets see- the birthday bootie included: new helmet, scooter, and Tinkerbell movie. Oh yeah- and stuffed Bolt and Marie which came home with her after her birthday date with her dad. (Did I mention he was wrapped around her finger...?)

We love you so much lil Payter Bug!

Happy Birthday!!!!




3 comments:

Mel Bernard said...

Such a cute post and such a cute girl!!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe she is 3 already! Time flies! She is starting to look like Brooklyn! Adorable!

Willis Family said...

Happy Bday Payton...you're an absolute doll and we miss seeing you grow up.