
Okay, I've really outdone myself this time. I know I should've done a slide show, but you know me, I like to comment on like every picture. Besides, this blog is a scrapbook of sorts for me. So sorry about the bazillion pics. Feel free to check out at any time.
Jeff and I just got back from Hawaii!! Look how beautiful!!! Looking back at the pictures it almost seems surreal. I'm wishing I was back there- but I'll settle for some second-rate reminissing. ;)
My sis Misty and her Nate were there with us. I have so much fun with them!! For the majority of the trip we stayed in a beach house. This was my only pic of it. It was old, but actually really cool inside. We stayed in an older residential area which let us feel like we were livin' like the locals! I wouldn't say it was luxurious, but it had personality! Don't you just love the Christmas garland over the window? It seemed so out of place there even though it was still technically 'Christmas time'! Although our house was right on the beach, I didn't even go out on it. We were on the second floor and had a great balcony, but the bottom floor renters had the yard. We could still access the beach, but it was really small- besides, we were on the GO!! Being on the beach still had it's benefits though. The sound of the waves lulling you to sleep for one- that is when the neighbor dogs weren't barking!

I thought this was too sweet. :) Misty's baby is due in like a month. She was a trooper! I am so glad they got to do this before #2 arrives on the scene.
Kay, I thought this was too funny- we were teasing Misty about this night club with exotic dancers that is apparently named after her. (just kidding- it is Misty-I) She was a good sport and even posed for a pic. It was in a creepy alley, (with a lot of cars in it!)
Since this was Nate's first visit to Oahu, we did all the big tourist stops- like the Pali lookout. I could hardly remember it from before. Incredible view!
Of course the 'road closed' sign didn't deter Jeff, and we walked a ways down the old Pali Highway which was beautiful.


North shore waves! This one doesn't do it justice. They are way big this time of year. It makes me want to stay out of them. It makes Jeff want to get in them.

Crash! There's a big one! Jeff says I shouldn't take pics without someone in them- but I thought this was definately an exception. He was probably just thinking of my childhood photo albums of every animal in the zoo.
Here's the Hawaii Temple. We weren't able to do a session since they are remodeling it, so we just walked around, took pics, and talked to the sister missionaries. They gave us each a flower. See? That means I am taken!
Next up was the Polonesian Cultural Center. Yeah, it was spendy, but I love this place! So many fun things to do and see-I had a blast! Check out our cool tats!Here's a few pics of fun stuff we did there...
This was cool- you tossed the batons at the same time. It was a real test of my coordination.
Jeff was up on stage twice. He must look like an eager volunteer. At Samoa he got to try a coconut, and that was cool - but the best was Tonga. They had him on the drums. I never knew he had that kind of rhythm! Sorry my camera battery died before that one. He had everybody rolling!
Serenading on our ukulele's!
Learning the hula!
Here was a spear throw you could do for fun. They threw in a prize if you paid a dollar and hit the target- which is incredibly smart on their part since anyone with an ultra-competitive bone can't resist. (which would include my hubby!) I can't complain, he won me a necklace!
Next up was Pearl Harbor. A little sobering, but still very facinating. I think the boys like all that army stuff. Look at them playing on it!
This was our fav place to eat- Boot's and Kimo's. They only served breakfast. Killer banana pancakes with macademia nut sauce!
To prove Misty is a trooper I am throwing this pic in and she can kill me later. Cankles!! Seeing this brought back memories. I could definately sympathize- but I still teased her about it.

This is Sunset beach where the boys snorkled. It was the closest we had to having bad weather. Me and Miss hung out on the beach. It was a little chilly to me.
We attempted to hike to this lighthouse, but found out it was fenced off. We weren't disappointed- it was a great hike with a fantastic view of the South Shore and we saw a bunch of whales!!!

Waikiki!!! There were way too many scantily clad people here for my taste. Crimeny. But super fun day. We hit several different beaches on different days. Got in some fun lounging and snorkeling, and the boys tried out those little boards- I forget- are they called boogie boards?



My parents joined us on Wednesday, which made for twice the fun. Maybe three times when you consider dad's humor. This was a cool Japanese temple we walked through. The grounds were so pretty!
You rang the 'gong' for good luck before you entered the temple.

We switched to my parents resort at the end. I felt a little pampered to say the least. Yet, still glad we got to do the beach house.
Nate and Misty left a day before us so he could be back for the start of dental school. We were very sad to see them go. Hope the transition back to school wasn't TOO harsh!
Our last day my parents took us on a hike to Moana Falls (that is why dad is falling). I felt like I was walking through a real jungle! Maybe I was!!! It had some awesome scenery- in fact, the hike itself was definately more spectacular than the waterfall at the end we went all that way to see.(Can anyone tell Dad is wearing two hats? I know- wierd. Just kidding. He's holding it for Mom and I guess he thought that was a good place for it)
It's so hard to tell from the picture- the ivy completely covers the trees! It was amazing!
If I hadn't just seen the giant redwoods, I would have said these were the most incredible trees I've ever seen!
We walked right through this one!
This was a HUGE bamboo grove. I thought Jeff looked like a Hawaiian fugitive.




Behind my mom and I on the right is Moana Falls. I think it was feeling a little puny- it was more of a trickle. Someone said there hadn't been much rain recently.
So there is our trip in not quite a nutshell. It was awesome. Wonderful memories with my sweetheart I am so grateful for. I am forever indebted to those who took over my life for me so we could pull it off. Thanks mom and dad M. You are the best. And thanks to our awesome babysitter who did half the time- she even got all the kids to church by 8:20! I still can't figure out how she did that!!!



7 comments:
SOOO jealous! Looks like a blast. I love Hawaii and would love to go back. Glad you were able to have a break from the kiddies and enjoy yourselves!
Ape that all looks so wonderful!! I am so glad you put all the pictures on you did with explanations of them. It all looks so fun and like a great experience. You look SO beautiful girl!! Love ya!!
Ok Ape now that you've posted my cankles on your blog the blackmailing is on! haha No, seeing the picture gave me a good laugh actually. But I am glad to report that my feet& ankles have recovered from all that walkin! Every time I look out my window and see the snow and I have to hurry and go look at my pics from the trip to remind myself that it wasn't just a dream, that I really was enjoying warm weather 2 weeks ago. It was so much fun being there with you guys!
why would you share that with me! Are you trying to depress me in this boring idaho weather... So incredibly jelous! And you look amazing mrs. mom of 6! How do you do it!
Looks like so much fun. We just got back. I'm really missin' that warm weather. Looks like you had a good Christmas, we sure missed you at the party
This is the best time of the year to go to Hawaii. Don't you just love Hawaii. I miss living there. Looks like you guys had a blast! :)
So fun! WE just got back from our ten day trip to Kauai! It was so fun! Hopefully I will get around to posting the pictures....that is after I post Christmas. LOL
Post a Comment