This whole back half of our yard used to be pasture, but since the only large animals we've ever owned sit and fetch instead of neigh or moo, it has been used for little more than to grow an amazing assortment of weeds. I finally got fed up with looking at it, and it has been slowly evolving over the last year into what it is now. Though I still have more plans and projects, I love to look out and look at how far it's come! (Look Stephanie, over the corn is your old pad! :) )
Hey Dude, this picture is for you- these are my zinnias. They started out as a tiny straight row of seeds, and this is what they turned into! I wish I had taken this in August when they were at their prime! I used to go back to the garden just so I could look at them.
These are my 3 main tomato plants. I have never seen anything like them! I have gotten hundreds of tomatoes off of these puppies! I am out of jars from canning and am making lots of salsa- and just trying to give away the rest before they go bad!
Yippie!!!!!! After 11 years, we have FINALLY planted some trees!!!! Just think how big they would be if we'd done it back then! This was Jeff's project from last Saturday. Let's see, we've got an apricot, a nectarine, 2 peach, a cherry, and a pluot- which is a cross between a plum and an apricot. I hope to never have to buy fruit again.
Payter zooming by-
In the spring Jeff put in his dream b-ball court. It also does good as a place to ride bikes, which currently is its primary use. How 'bout the heavenly beam shining down on it! The part that I am most excited about is the grass. We seeded the whole back ourselves and I thought it would NEVER come in and crowd out all the weeds. It has been a test of my patience, but I knew when it finally came in I would appreciate it all the more- and I do!
The garden is also starting to fade- but it is the biggest I've ever done, and I was pretty proud of it. Jeff helped me put in black plastic and we watered with soaker hoses this year. It was WAY low maintenance! The only big job was picking (and using) all the food it produced!! The big lined hole on the left is to put the trampoline in whenever we get around to that project. (heh, heh)
This picture kinda shows the paver-patio play area- I think I've shown that before.

To the left of our barn is the psycho raspberry patch (it went crazy this year)

I think I am just savoring the green in these pictures. I really am a summer girl. I wish we could have another 2 months of days just like this one. (sigh) Oh well. I am trying to make the most of it while it's here.
Okay- enough of my boring yard pictures. On to more blah blah. So, there has been somewhat of a mystery at my house. No one is really sure what happened, there were no witnesses. The victim was, well, me. (No, I did not witness it either)
So, I finally got a shiner. All my growing up, if I ever got konked in the head I would think, 'Surely this time it will do it!!' and nope, never got a black eye. Though I was deprived of this childhood experience, I always thought it would look pretty cool to have a black eye- everyone would think I was tough, and of course ask about the cool story that undoubtedly went with it.
This one came a little different than I had imagined. Want to hear the story? Well, I woke up Wednesday morning and rubbed my sleepy little eyes and Dang! It kinda hurt. Hum, thought I, I must be getting a stye in my left eye. As I walk into the living room I realize my eyelid is blocking my view- wierd, said I, and walked to the mirror to see what was up, and there she was. That's about all I know.
Though I have no way of figuring out the real story- or proving any guesses- I do have a few theories.
This one came a little different than I had imagined. Want to hear the story? Well, I woke up Wednesday morning and rubbed my sleepy little eyes and Dang! It kinda hurt. Hum, thought I, I must be getting a stye in my left eye. As I walk into the living room I realize my eyelid is blocking my view- wierd, said I, and walked to the mirror to see what was up, and there she was. That's about all I know.
Though I have no way of figuring out the real story- or proving any guesses- I do have a few theories.
A- I rolled out of bed and hit it on the nightstand (not likely, it is shorter than the matress and you'd think I'd remember getting back in bed)
B- Jeff elbowed me- I'm not sure how that would pan out- it is my left eye and I sleep on the left side. So I would've had to have been laying on my right side and have him come across just so-
C- I was sleepwalking and fought off some ninja burglers who broke in and were attempting to take over our house as we slept. This theory would also explain the numb-chucks I found under the kitchen table that morning.
So, I was kinda proud of this shiner that I didn't have to even remember getting until I had to go to Parent Night at the elementary and all of the sudden I felt like everyone thought I was a domestic violence victim. I think I wouldn't have felt so self-conscious if I didn't have such a lame story to go with it. Does it sound fishy to say I have no idea how it got there? I'd like to clear Jeff's name and say he had nothing to do with it, but honestly, I don't know. Maybe he did. There was that one night I woke up and he was standing over me wringing his hands and giggling... Okay, I feel bad even joking about it. I guess I will just have to wait for it to go away. Thank goodness for sunglasses (I haven't had much luck covering it with makeup).




8 comments:
Haha! I'll go with theory C... Just cuz I always knew you had mad martial art skills. You may have got a black eye, but you should have seen the other guy right! And your yard looks absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how different it looks from the last time we were there (which was way too long ago). We've been toying with the idea of skipping town one weekend and coming to see you guys. Maybe we should do it soon before it gets too cold:) Love you lots!!!
First I love the yard pictures... they are so nice. It makes me jealous. RIght now we are on the verge of "red neck" yard since our construction, a lot of our grass has died without a sprinkler system and not to mention all the clutter and trash that comes with construction.
Weird/crazy/funny story about your eye. I would go with theory B- for 2 reasons. I have been wacked with Brys arm more than once in the middle of the night AND the guilt Jeff would feel just might get you a special date or maybe flowers (ha ha)
Love you!!!
April you are so funny! I would totally go with theory C. I could totally see you take those guys out!
I LOVE your yard! It looks like you have a lot of space. I am so jealous of your garden.
Oh yeah, you commented on Matthew's bday cake, straight from Walmart. I have NO cake skills.
Hey sweetie!
I loved your post. It was soooo after my own heart. I enjoyed the zinnias and the grass & the trees. I don't know how anyone could get bored seeing your beautiful yard. It was April when we were there and it was a work in progress, just getting a good start. I can't wait to see it soon. Also, when we come up, Grandma is sleeping with a football helmet on, just in case of a Ninja break-in.
Nice yard! It gives us new-found hope we can work through the projects we have lined up for ours. I like the B-ball court and am so glad Jeff finally got rims he could "put'er down" in :).
Also, I've personally witnessed the exact same black-eye pattern after church ball with Jeff. Just sayin.
Looks like lots of fun. We've been doing the same thing in our yard. I'll have pics as soon as I get a camera.Yours looks awesome and way to go on the garden ours didn't do so well.
OH my gosh! Your yard looks INCREDIBLE! It looks like a giant play area and I am soooo jealous!!!
You have been very busy this summer! I will have to come see your yard in the Spring when it is green and beautiful! Jacob would love to see Kobe and Ryan would have fun with Zach!
You going to have anymore little ones soon? It's about that time isn't it!! :D
You could be like that family 18 and counting! I think she is pregnant again! How do you afford so many kids! LOL!!
I am doing good! Thanks for coming by. I am huge right now. I feel like a cow. But only 3 weeks left till they induce me so I can handle that. They will be out of my belly before the holidays... and then I will have to try not to gain any holiday weight on top of my pregnancy weight!
I really miss you and your family and all your kids coming over and playing. they are so sweet. I can't wait to see more posts. And tell Jeff to quit beating you... it isn't very nice !:D
Hi April!
So good to hear from you! You need an update on your family! :D
I need to do one too but I am not super mom like you so what is your excuse :D
LOL!
Everything went perfect! I didn't have a C-section. It was the easiest labor I have ever had. I didn't have contractions until 11am and delivered them at noon only 5 minutes apart! The recovery has been a little more difficult... but other then that things have gone so incredibly well!
To be honest... it has not been hard at all to give the babies to the family. To see their faces was absolutely priceless. It didn't even make me want to have another baby! LOL!
I was talking to them this morning and they were at home already and they hadn't been to bed at all since they left the hospital! I just laughed. I don't miss those sleepless nights! But I will go over to see the family and the girls tomorrow and get to love and kiss on them! This really truly has been one of the most amazing things to go through. I think God protected my emotions and I also got to be a witness for God to this family. So I just really feel blessed through this experience.
How are things going for you? When is baby Mower 7 coming? You make the most beautiful babies you have to have more! :D
Post a Comment