Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lake Powell 2009

Here's our awesome LP pictures. Being the genious I am, I have never mastered creating blog slide shows- so for the sake of my sanity I will not attempt one at this time. My apologies.

So, for those of you who possibly might not know this already, this is a yearly event for our family. My parents always take a group for a week on a houseboat which they own a share in. We camp on the shore, and live in the water. The boat is a nice little haven for naps, treats, games, treats, potty, ect... (did I mention treats?)

This year the highlights for me happened on the last 3 days since the first half of the week was too windy for me to get really adventurous. Jeff and I took a wave runner and explored Hidden Eden Canyon- which was so amazing. I've been there before, but the water level makes it new each time. I didn't get to go back with my camera before we headed back- (dang!) There are the most gorgeous red rock cliffs and overhangs, and one canyon we were able to hike up- there were huge perfectly round potholes and, well, my description does it no justice. All I can say is that it is facinatingly beautiful - once again, wish I had pics :(



Kobe, Lexie, and Jeff
Jeff and Lukie
Payter on a boat ride
This is Brooklyn, Payter, and Lexie tubing behind the boat. You couldn't flip this tube if you tried! So as you can see by lookin at Brookin- they got to do all kinds of cool tricks and feel very brave.

More LP ducks- I think I recognize Shmarshmello from last year-


Brooklyn is sure to have some sort of collection- here are some cool rocks-


Always fun to have Moydie to joke around with- we love it when he plays his guitar and serenades us on top of the boat on warm, starry nights (which is every night) Oh- if I'm not stuck in the tent getting kids to sleep-

Possibly my favorite time of day at LP. Warm- but not hot, water is still, kids are in bed, things are quiet, and everything is beautiful.


Hey Dude. Can't believe I got a pic of you sitting. It was one of few moments that we had ice and the coolers were already re-arranged.



Lukie and Payter

Moydie and Jeff


Always so fun to have Misty and her little family there! Lukie and Addisyn had fun picking on each other.


And no worries- no one would DARE throw you in the lake because you are pregnant AND wearing sunglasses...

But then, I have been wrong before-




Love the shades!


Uncle Brian brought a water rocket. Zack was so excited you'd have thought it was his birthday. It was really hard for him to wait for the wind to stop blowing so we could launch it.


OOO, OOOOOOO! These girls spent all night on these LP hair dos!




Here's some of us on a little hike

Still hikin'

Woah, who are those cool kids?!


Me and my mum



Lukie figured out if he hung out with Grandma during meal times, he got free hand outs AND a horsie foot ride.



Lukie took a tumble off the front of the houseboat- you can see the battle wound under his hair on his right side. It was actually really scary, thankfully I watched it happen and got to him quickly - it could've ended lots worse than a konk on the head


Payte floating tubes

Kobe taking Payter and Addy for a ride


There are a few bugs we find on the couches...


Dad posing with his coolers


We had such a good time, too bad it wasn't a little longer. I guess that is why we go back and back and back-- there's always next year!
PS- we missed you Mel!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

I LOVE lake powell! I miss it and miss going with your family! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Boyd Nielson said...

Thanks for making it worthwhile to keep the tradition going. We love looking forward to seeing you there each summer. I love the pics & the comments.

Misty Call said...

Seeing all of these fun pictures really makes me want to go back! It was so much fun and so great to spend a week vacationing with you guys:) Hope you guys are doing good. Love ya!

Mel Bernard said...

OH HOW FUN!!! I am so sad we missed and even sadder after seeing such fun pics. I am glad you had a wonderful time and I loved all the cute pics!! love you girl!!!