Being the hair-brained person I am, of course I didn't remember to take my camera along to some things, but I was able to document a few.
Here we go- in no particular order...
Kobe and his dad worked hard in the wood shop and made an awesome car for the scout Pinewood Derby. He dubbed it "Midnight Driver" (or something like that-) Kobe inherited that ultra-competitive bone from his dad and I could tell he was disappointed that his car was not the fastest, but I was able to get a smile. His car did get an award for the sleekest body. Look how aerodynamic!
What Kobe was excited about was his 'Fifth Place' medal in the second grade spelling bee. Nice how I never knew anything about it. I guess the study list never made it out of the backpack. He has informed me he would have taken first place had he studied.
Of course we had all the fun last-day-of-school stuff on Wednesday. It's funny how excited I was for school to get out! I thought you didn't get that once you personally were out of school! Brooklyn had her kindergarten singing program and a little party afterwards. She had a great time this year and loved her teacher. Oh well- on to first grade!
Gymnastics wrapped up for Lexie and her class got to show off their stuff for the parents. Also, Lexie worked hard on a big class project where they worked several weeks reserching an animal, making a poster, and doing a presentation. She chose the raccoon and was really excited because Unkie Moyd let her borrow his raccoon skin to use as a visual aid. We got to go to the school and see her give her presentation. She did awesome! Sorry no pic.
End of year means piano recital for Lexie and Kobe. They've been working extra hard and performed 2 songs each. We were very proud of their efforts! I was also proud of the little kids in the family for attempting to sit quiet during a long and late recital. Of course, my camera went dead during the first song I tried to record, so I made them do a mock recital at home after and just took pics by our piano.And last thing to report tonight- Yeah Brooklyn!!
Since Brooklyn no longer needs those training wheels, we have been able to do some fun family rides now that the weather is nice. She picked it up so quick, we should have done it sooner! We did the Green Belt- which for those of you who are not familiar with Boise- is a walking/biking path which follows the Boise River for several miles and goes through a few of the big downtown parks. We had so much fun! Too bad I forgot my camera.
The kids also got up early for the last 2 weeks of school so they would have time to ride their bikes to school. Jeff goes with them and he thinks Brookie drives like a pro!



2 comments:
You are one busy lady! I don't know how you schedule in church, family time, soccer practice, kindergarten events, school events, bike riding, piano recitals, karate, spelling bee events, and meal planning all at the same time. You are an amazing women!
I am glad to hear you had struggles with Zach too. Okay that sounds bad... I guess I am more glad that I am not the only one going through it! Today we are making him volunteer to clean up our youth pastors house because they just moved. He needs to learn responsibility and discipline and the great thing is... I get to stay home with Madison while Josh teaches him! :D
I get a break for once... I am super stoked. I am hoping to catch up on my photography pics i haven't gotten too!
May is such a busy month but such a fun one too! Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment