Wow! Guess what! I have now been married more than a decade! (woah that sounded long, didn't it!) But for me, it seems time has flown by amazingly fast- just as everyone has said it would. I have so many precious memories of the past 11 years. It is hard to admit just how fast they seem to have slipped by. This song reminds me so much of when I was newly married. It came out just after I had Lexie and was dealing with the adjustments of being a new stay-home mom. Jeff would work so hard. Those first few years fo getting our business off the ground were such a challenge. Most days Jeff would wake me up to kiss me good-bye (Lexie didn't sleep much at night and Jeff would leave early) and I wouldn't see him again until right before his evening classes when he had just enough time to eat, (maybe) shower, and be late for class. I would miss him all day long. His cell phone was my link to sanity. I'm sure he didn't always have time for my random ramblings about potty-training and stuff, but he never would have let me know it. He is so patient and understanding.
Those first years were so hard and so wonderful at the same time. I don't think I realized they were hard at the time. Once Jeff graduated and hired on more workers, things got so much easier and that was when I was able to look back and admit that things had been hard. Things are so different now. Now we have 6 kids and Jeff works from home. I think I have gotten better at being a mom and a wife- and we have so much more time together. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be this happy. I am SO grateful for my sweet husband. I think people sometimes look at me and think I am a supermom for being able to handle a big family, but the truth is that Jeff does so much of it. He is everything I don't have the strength or motivation to be. He picks up my slack and carries me through my hard times- or lazy times. Thank you hunny. Thank you for building me up. Thank you for all of the sweet words, the kind encouragement, the humor I can't live without. I could never have imagined things any better. I love you!



3 comments:
Okay... that did bring tears to my eyes... Congrats you two! You two really are an amazing couple! Your hubby looks so young with glasses on in your wedding picture! You still look the same! After six kids you are still so amazingly gorgeous! I miss you guys so much!
It just keeps getting better! Yes, Jeff is the best there is, but then so are you. You are both amazing. After as hard as you both have worked for the past 11 years, I hope things get a little easier so you'll have more time to play with the kids. At least that is what I hope to do.
I cant believe its been that long for you! It seems just yesterday I was at your reception hanging out, proud of my older cous! Congrats!!
Post a Comment