Okay- I am still attempting to catch up on my October posts- so please forgive me for living in the past. I've had so much fun seeing everyone's pictures of their kids' cute Halloween costumes, and I gotta admit we've had some crazy characters showing up around our house too...

I'm not sure if I am psycho or just crazy- but somehow all of my kids ended up being like 3 different things. Lets see..we all dressed up to go to the Family Fun night at the school the week before Halloween, (3 princesses, a pirate, and a he-woah(hero))then again the night before Halloween so we could get free kids meals at Sizzler- (this time a hula girl, jedi, witch, pumpkin, and Tigger), then finally for the real thing-(Pirate(but different kid), jedi, Snow White, Tigger, and a pumpkin). Phew! I'm sweating just talking about it-

NO SNOW WHITE!!! I'M PRETTY SURE YOU SHOULDN'T EAT THAT APPLE!!!!

I must admit- Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I don't like creepy or scary things, it is always stressful getting everyone fed and ready to TOT, it's always cold, we spend all night getting candy that I really don't want my kids to have, and I hate spending money on costumes- so I don't and my kids feel jipped.
This year my friend Polly helped me out with that last pet peeve and brought over 2 HUGE totes full of great costumes! This is how we pulled off being several different things.

This is what we were for the REAL Halloween night. Lucas had shed his costume by the time I found my camera, so I have no pictures of him dressed up on his first Halloween. Gosh. He must be like the sixth child or something. For the record- I did dress him up. He was a Hotdog in a bun.

I am always fascinated by the intricate sorting that goes on in my living room after we get back from trick-or-treating. Once everyone has all their gum and licorice and suckers in separate piles, that's when the Candy Swap starts. It's pretty funny to watch. Brooklyn drives a hard bargain.

Lucas found something good to chew on, but it wasn't candy, it was Tigger's tail!! Jeff's parents came for the end of the night and my mother-in-law helped me out with the overwhelming candy situation. She bought (yes, bought!) Kobe and Lexie's candy for $10 each! I think they were so eager to sell it since they knew they could bug some off their younger siblings later. Lexie was a little horrified to hear that her candy was going in the garbage.
Good job sweetie. Your teeth will thank you for it later.
1 comment:
Thank goodness for Grandma's. That is such a great idea. Happy Birthday to both of the boys esspecially Kobe. That is awesome, I can't wait for our first baptism.
Post a Comment