Before we get a breather from the Zack birthday festivities, here comes Kobe's birthday! This year was an extra special birthday since he was also baptized a couple of weeks later.

Of course, Kobe had to have a BYU cake. Actually- so was Zack's. Here's Kobe- what a great kid. Now I get to tell you some of the fun things I love about Kobe!
- I love how you always have a clean room!
- I love hearing you sing when you practice the piano
- I love how you are always the first to remember to pray when we need help
- I love watching you set goals and achieve them. Not many boys do that at your age!
- I love when you tell me what you want to do when you grow up
- I love that you are always willing to wash the dishes and help clean up- even when it's not your mess
- I love watching you play sports and do well
- I love seeing the cartoons you draw- and your self portraits-what a ham!
- I love seeing your tender heart show through when someone is hurt
- I love your reaction when I make Potato Bake or Chicken Bundles
- I love seeing you read to your little brothers and sisters
- I love seeing you do things with your daddy- like campouts and boys trips -you are alot like him!

I only do friend parties on odd years (5,7,9 ect) so we partied with each other and ate our second cake within a week! Kobe loves to build cool things so he got some shnazzy Star Wars Legos and K'nex sets.

His favorite presents, however, were 2 video games his daddy picked out for him. Does this one look familliar? ZELDA!!!! Bet that brings back some memories! Yeah, our poor kids have a 20 year old Nintendo. Kobe thinks its pretty cool. He also thinks its cool that he can beat Darin Wallace at Super Tecmo Bowl (if Kobe gets to choose both teams). Jeff also got him Tetris.

Wow! Look at those handsome guys! And doesn't Kobe look like a missionary in his new suit? I nearly missed the dang baptism picking it up from the hemmers. (I didn't mean
dang baptism...) The baptism went wonderful. I LOVE when I get to see Jeff use his priesthood to bless our children. How grateful I am for all he does to live worthy and to be an example to his kids. Kobe has some big shoes to fill someday- and looks like a suit, too.

It was so fun to have my parents come up- of course my dad is the only one who made it to the baptism since mom was sick. Jeff's parents were able to be there, and Greg and Christy and their girls Riley, Parker, and Josie were able to make it, as well as our friends the Jensen's and Kobe's primary teachers. My parents thought ahead and brought a turkey so we could feed a crowd- but oh yeah, we were sick!! No one dared come over after so I still have a freezer full of turkey.
I am so proud of Kobe. I look at him and I am truly amazed at how much he really understands at the tender age of 8 about the gospel. He is a spiritual giant in a little body. I know he recognizes the spirit from past experiences and that he honestly appreciates the great gift his Heavenly Father has just given him. Good job buddy. Your mom and dad sure love you lots.
3 comments:
That was so sweet April! I loved it! Congrats Kobe on your baptism and Happy Birthday! We loved your BYU cake! Hope your had fun!
Kobe is such a cute and handsome kid! I wish we could've been to the baptism... I don't mind that we got to miss out on the getting sick part though:). I'm so proud of him and I can't believe how big he's getting. He sure does look like a handsome, future missionary in his suit. I sure can't wait to see all of you... Just a little over a month left!!!
It was worth being sick for 2.5 weeks to be with you. We hope you are all well for the rest of the winter (you deserve it). Misty & Nate's gift to Kobe was a Charleston Chews candy (to help him "chews" the right). Kobe is a special young man and he makes all of us proud. April, you & Jeff have an amazing family. We love you guys!
Post a Comment