We spent the weekend at the cabin and Grandma made sure we had enough good food and junk to stay an extra week- maybe in case we got snowed in or something. Or maybe Lake Powell is just too vivid in her mind. Grandpa brought his famous Zuccini bread too. Here is Payter pretending to eat her sandwich. That's the biggest bite of something healthy I can get her to take- and ONLY because I took her picture. I think that is why her hair won't grow. Her ponytails are starving.
We can't do camping without smore's, right? Grandpa made sure they finished off the bag of marshmellos so there wouldn't be any waste. Good job Grandpa. No wonder we love you.
Grandma had fun hanging with the kids- and when I asked Brooklyn what her favorite part was, she said teaching Grandma to play chess.
Oh no boys! I hate to break it to you, but there are STILL woodchucks in the woodpile!!!
Part of the making things equal included the BYU vs. UCLA game. Since the boys and my inlaws were all going, my dad took Lexie on a little date and they went too. They had too much fun! Grandpa sufficiently spoiled her. They met up with the boys after for dinner and got to see Cosmo the Cougar and Austin Collie at the resteraunt! It was a great day to be a BYU fan- let's see- I think the final score was 59 to 0!All though it made for lots of driving (we've made SEVERAL Utah trips recently) I am so glad we decided to come down for a little fun ourselves while we let those boys be boys. I think next year we should triple the fun for them and send Zack and Lucas!! Yeah! What do ya think hunny?!



4 comments:
How fun!! Your dad is letting us take the key to the cabin this weekend so our little family can go and enjoy and I am SO excited!! I love camping and being able to stay in a cabin with kids will be SO nice!!
You have the best parents! I started laughing my head off within reading your first sentence...boys trip...running around trees/throwing rocks the farthest...you are hillarious! Makes me miss you tonz! I called Adam in to take a look at your cute pics. You two look the same...just with lots of sparkling diamonds and priceless things around ya! Love your blog!
Hey Ape! You're kids are so stinking cute and Lucas is getting SO big!!! I think are kids have the funnest grandparents possible. I think it's because Mom and Dad are still kids at heart. We wish we could been there to see you! But hopefully we'll be seeing you soon. Sure love you guys!
oh how fun! the cabins are such a fun place to be. i can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Post a Comment