I am so excited that my little niece is here! Look at my beautiful sister too! How many of us can pull off looking like that after giving birth? Her name is Maylie Elise- which I LOVE and she is absolutely perfect. I decided that the reason I am so excited about her is that this is the first time any family member has had a baby when I wasn't distracted with one of my own! I can't wait to hold her- I just wish I lived a little closer.
My other pictures are not so important in comparison, but just more Mower happenings. I mentioned in my last post I was making some home improvements. This is what you are privileged to do when you live in an older home. It is somewhat of a pain, but in doing it sometimes you discover talents you never knew you had! Sometimes I even enjoy myself- or at least the finished product.
This is my new tile kitchen backsplash. It was pretty easy. (just paste and stick...) It looks so much better than what was there before! I should have put in a "before" pic. Oh well. Most of you have probably seen the nasty 4 in. oak board that used to line the wall. I don't miss it ONE BIT!You may have noticed the bar stools on the counter. It's not because I am going for a resturaunt look- we are just getting into that fun stage with Lukie. I am slightly worried about what is coming. I can handle the climbing and messy-getting-into-everythingness, but finding him on the counter sticking my steak knives into my plugged in toaster yesterday put me a little on edge. Is your home ever truly baby-proof?

This picture is the real fun one. I asked my SIL who is an interior designer to help me redo a few things and she suggested I find a console table for my living room. After shopping around and not finding what I wanted in my price range, my friend referred me to knockoffwood.blogspot.com where you can find free furniture plans and I am hooked! Watch out! If you look at this blog you will be headed to Home Depot TONIGHT!! This is a table which is a lookalike of the Hyde Console Table from Pottery Barn. I found it in my PB Magazine for $500!!! I built this one for under $50! And I like mine better! Wait till I stain it and get my kids to quit using it to play school!!!! I have like 10 other projects off that blog I can't wait to build. You should check it out!

So- the rest of these pictures are somewhat random, just good memories of the past month. This one was of Jeff's birthday. Brooklyn laid out a blanket and pillow and drug her Daddy in for a special massage. Zack joined in and Jeff fell asleep for like an hour! I thought it was so cute.

As I'm sure many of you did, I had to get creative on Valentines since it was on Sunday. I asked the kids if they would help me pull off a 'resteraunt' for me that night and they were totally into it!!! Lexie and Brooklyn made these menus-which I loved- and we set the resturaunt up in the girls room. The kids got all dressed up and served us. They practiced all day! Kobe said we should do it every week! I was glad to see they had so much fun doing it, because it was sure fun for us. Although the food wasn't quite as good, I'd say the service DEFINATELY trumped Tucano's from last Valentine's Day!
Sorry, this is just a cute picture I figured G-ma's and G-pa's would appreciate. And I thought it was fair warning to let Darth Payter know that Lucas Skywalker has joined Kobe-One in the Star Wars ranks around here...
And as if you didn't already think we were wierd around here, for your viewing pleasure I have included a small clip of my children performing 'Once There Was a Snowman'. It was one of those FHE's that was going south quickly- no one was behaving and it was late- and I was about ready to can the treat and send everyone to bed. It was Lukie's turn to do activity and I had nothing planned and the kids weren't about to let me skip it, so I just turned on some music and said they could dance while I dished ice cream. It was too hilarious to not grab my camera. I thought you might get a kick out of it too.
How 'bout Lukie's moves! I suspect American Idol will be contacting us soon.
PS- Dad, my tulips are coming up!




5 comments:
That pic of Luke on the counter is so stinking cute! Good job on your projects!
look at you little miss crafty mama! Wow that table is amazing! ARe you painting it black? I remember you did black in your home... Oh how fun! And the tile is incredible. Great job! I love the colors! Wow can you fix up my stuff! i have a coffee table that has seen better days and I refinished it last spring... kids and their toys beating up against the wood! :D What can you do!
And your niece... wow is she beautiful or what. Her hair is so long already! how fun and congrats to your sister!
and about the photoshop thing... hmmm good question... well techincally I didn't remove the stretch marks... I softened the skin and gave it a blurred look, so they are still there just not noticable. Melissa (my little sister) she got them but actually they weren't too bad. She was worried about them in the pictures but they didn't look bad at all. Jenny and I have been fortunate. We get it from my mom. She doesn't hav ea single stretch mark and neither do I or Jenny. I had twins and not one... how lucky was that! I didn't even do the lotion or anything... but I have to say that I have had a hard time losing this last bit of weight. I am seriously struggling with that. But oh well...
Thanks so much for sharing your post! I miss your beauitful family so much! I hope you are all doing well and talk to you soon!
oh and I have a very similar story about my kid and knifes. My little Madison pulled her kid chair up to the counter, removed a steak knife (they are JA Henkle and extremely sharp) and i see her walking around with it in her mouth... Not kidding... I about had a heartattack. I think my reaction itself could have scared her to death. I will never forget how lucky i am she didn't fall. Thank you God! Sometimes you have to wonder how kids survive their childhood. :D
Such a cute post... I REALLY love looking at your blog and feeling like I am part of your life since we don't see each other as often as I would like.
Gavin did the exact same thing with the knife and toaster... I am glad it was not plugged in... I have NO where in my house that is safe from my boys. They an climb. I thought on top of the fridge was a god hiding spot until they found the superglue, markers and lighters.... aahhh!!
I LOVE the tile and table. I don't dare check out the website yet since I am already in the middle of a few projects, but I did write it down and are excited to look.
ps- cute little neice you have!!
That is so cute. I am totally jealous that you have tulips coming up.
Post a Comment