Saturday, May 2, 2009

Easter

We had some fun Easter visitors this year! (besides the Easter Bunny) Jeff's parents were able to come up and stay for a couple of weeks. They split the time up between 3 different houses, but we got a chance to spend some fun time with them!
They got here the day after Lexie's B-day so we invited Greg and Christy and their girls to come for a little post-birthday get together. We decided to BBQ despite the cool weather, and even tried out the new fire pit. As you can see from the picture, it may be time to invest in some longer roaster sticks and some benches to replace the purple Fisher Price plastic chairs.

I have to smile whenever I look out the window and see how much attention the new swing set is getting. I am SO, SO glad we got it! The kids play on it non-stop. I am in the process of staining it right now. It is a bigger job than I realized!
On Easter Sunday we headed out to Melba. Jeff's cousin Robert came home from his mission and gave his report. It was fun to go and hear him speak. What a great guy he is! Then everyone went to Aunt Linda's for the rest of the day. They have a big house on a few acres. It is the perfect place for a big group to get together.

Here all the cousins were playing 'Monkey in the Middle'. I had to take the picture because Zack was cracking me up. He didn't quite get the jist of the game I guess- he just tackled whoever had the ball and wrestled them until they got rid of it.

Every year they have a big egg hunt in their huge yard with HUNDREDS of eggs. It takes awhile to hide them. I had to get creative occupying Zack so he didn't run out and get a head start. I was able to talk him into posing for a bunch of pictures. It worked for a few minutes.

Here is Payters- always happy to pose.


No one comes up short-handed in this hunt. When Kobe noticed Zack had more eggs than he did, he had a great idea that they should combine their eggs! What a good idea big brother!

This is all of my Mother-in-law's family- Jeff's grandparents in front, and the six children and their significant others in back.


Here's Lukie hunting for eggs. I must admit I really miss doing Easter on the desert. I've seen some other blog posts of fun desert trips that make me wish I could take my kids there. We had some good times rolling eggs down the hill, didn't we? I have come to realize however, that rolling eggs is only an Emery County thing. People have no idea what I am talking about when I mention that. Boise is definately different that way. No one knocks and runs on Valentines Day either.


Grandpa Mower and Great-Grandpa J





We did find some time to dye our own eggs and do a little back yard hunt and Easter-basket thing. We did it after we got home from Linda's and everyone was pretty pooped. I was very determined not to skip MY Easter plans though. (I don't care if you are tired, you WILL look for eggs!) I think my inlaws were definately worn out after that day.

Here I am giving my children MORE candy. It seems kind of dumb. But look how cute sugar makes them! Now if it could just make Payter sweet...
So, that is the end of my Easter stuff- I'm having to break all of my recent pics into different posts as to not be TOO long winded. More to come soon, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Mel Bernard said...

Such a fun post!! I LOVE LOVE the slide picture... I will have to remember to do that one later on when there are more and they are grown... ha ha

Boyd Nielson said...

Wow! You made Easter look so fun. I wish we could have been there. If we weren't just a month away from seeing you in California, I'd have to plan a Boise trip.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I love your fire pit! Check out the new playground! I bet the kids just love it! I am so glad to hear from you. I would love to hear from Julie. I always wonder how she is doing with her two little girls and her son. I was curious what he looks like now. He was a baby the last I saw him and now he has to be close to two.

I am carrying for my friend. It was actually something we started considering over 3 years ago. But then I got pregnant with Madison and so things were put on hold. It kind of started out as a joke but became something serious when we realized there was no chance for them to have children of their own.

It was a hard decision to finally make. We talked with our pastor and wanted to make sure that we were in line with God and after we talked with him we decided to do it for them. It has been an amazing experience for me. If I were in her position I would hope that someone would to the same for me.

I don't have time to blog... I make time because it seems to be my social tool these days. It keeps me taking pictures of my kids and I have learned so much about my photography because of it. I met some other photographers on this site and it is fun to share ideas and thoughts on photos. I also met a lady who will be carrying a baby for her sister soon. She happened to find my site and emailed me about it.

I miss your family so much! I have tried not to relive my past but spring was really hard for me. It was my favorite time of the year at our house when the tulips and lilies were blooming. We have had some problems with our neighbors in this house. They don't really seem to care what their kids do and so they keep throwing rocks at cars, knocking down our fence posts because they border our yard, and the other day we came home and the kids were in our house! They were in our pantry and playing with our toys... It just really makes me miss living in a neighborhood where the kids are well behaved and properly disciplined. I worry my kids will pick up bad habits.

Jacob is doing excellent in school. He is actually getting an academic achievement for school. He is already doing mulitplications. He gets his brains from his dad! It is so great to hear how well you and your family are doing! I am so glad that everyone is doing good. Tell Julie I would love to hear from her. Talk to you soon!